NZ Landcare Trust event safety briefing
- Children under 16 to be accompanied by an adult.
- Wear appropriate clothing and footwear to match the weather and ground conditions on the day. Closed toe footwear is recommended, especially for planting events and/or on-farm events.
- Sun protection is advised – hat, sunscreen and a full water bottle.
- Park your vehicle considerately and with regard to entry and exit points.
- Upon arrival, please advise the event organiser if you have any known medical condition that could be triggered during the event. For example, allergies to insect stings or a food allergy.
- Ground conditions are likely to be uneven and could be slippery after rainfall. Please take care to avoid slips, trips and falls.
- Maintain a safe distance from the edges of streams, rivers and wetlands.
- Assume any electric stock fences are live until the event organiser advises otherwise.